Talking About Myself Isn't My Long Suit
Bullet points help. That way I can put detail pages under each bullet, if it warrants.
- My full name is Sean Michael Puckett. I don't like my name much. People sometimes call me catbear, or bear, or Sean, which is fine because it is my name, but I don' t have to relish it.
- I live in Canada as a permanent resident (aiming towards citizenship), but I was born in South Carolina. I'm annoyed and aggravated at the United States Goverment and I'm glad I'm not living there any more, but I didn't leave the US to run away; I left the US because my wife is Canadian. Yes, I know what an absentee ballot is, and I know how to use one.
- I'm married to my best friend, the most beautiful woman on the planet. Her name is Dawn, and some of you may know her from talk.bizarre. Yes, "that" dawn guy. We met on a wintry March 16th, 2003 after knowing each other online for years, and by April 1st had determined that we would spend the rest of our lives together.
- I've been married once before, to someone who was once my best friend, and is still the mother of my children, and is still a very good friend, and who taught me a lot, including that when it's time to move on, you can do so with elegance, kindness, and grace, and don't have to burn bridges, just realize that people do change -- and it's okay.
- I was born in 1966. That puts me between Boomer and Gen-Xer. This means I have a lot of consumer electronics and a lot of debt, but feel really really bad about it. Yes, I'm old. I still think I'm 12 most of the time. Don't most of you?
- I like to make things out of wood and glass and light. I haven't had a lot of time lately to do this because of work schedules, and having a life. If work eases up, I may be able to do more art more frequently. I don't forsee life easing up. I'll put pictures of these things online.
- I take lots of photographs, sometimes. There are thousands of digital pictures in our library, many from my trip, many from before. There are thousands more negatives and slides and prints from early on. There will be some online sooner or later, once more of the site is fleshed out.
- I'm tall, and hefty, but not huge. I used to weigh 300 pounds, but now I weigh around 220. I lost most of that weight in a couple of years on a low-carb diet, which I fully support as a sensible and logical way of losing and maintaining weight. I now eat carbs, and have to try and keep my weight down, but really at this point in my life, I'd rather be able to eat anything and pay for it in exercise and self-restraint, than not have those flavors I love.
- I like to sing, and compose music. I take voice lessons once a week, and sing in front of people occasionally. I used to compose more, when I had more time.
- I spent 8 months travelling around the continent in a red BMW convertible. I visited a lot of friends, and did a lot of telecommuting.
- More later.
These bullet points are pretty easy. Take a thought, write about it, then expound. It doesn't have to be a cohesive narrative, just a list of things. Maybe once it's all written, it can be turned into a narrative. Maybe broken up into pages. Maybe I'm just running on at the fingers.
Okay, maybe I am pretty good at talking about myself.